Friday, March 7, 2014

Day Seven Question: What Animals Live In Haiti?

I am using more pictures from daddy's and mommy's trips to Haiti.

I don't know if this baby goat is a he or a she but it's very cute!  Daddy took this picture at Emmaus Biblical Seminary.  It's not fair.  He also got to hold a baby goat.  People use goats for milk and they sell them when they get big to make money for their families.



This is Boone.  He is a guard dog at the seminary where daddy has taught classes.  



This is the awesomest dog, Frank.  This is the only dog tree in Haiti (just kidding). 



Can you see the gecko on the tree?  This was taken at Children of the Promise.  Well, look closely and you'll see the gecko.


I don't know what happened to this crab's legs but daddy took it's picture!  This crab lives in the Caribbean Sea.


I don't like this frog.  I don't ever want to see him face to face.  Dadddy took this picture at the seminary.


This is a cow.  It's tied to the tree because it is a bull and could hurt somebody.  There are a lot of cows in Haiti.  People have cows to get milk and for food.  Daddy took this picture at Second Mile Ministries.


This beetle is big.  Mommy took this picture at Children of the Promise.  It is an insect.



 There are also tarantulas, chickens, birds, and pigs, but we don't have pictures of them.



7 comments:

  1. Great Project! I lived in Haiti when I was 7 and 8 and now with my family for 15 years. It may surprise you that most goats in Haiti are not used for milk as the diet does not allow them to make lots of milk. Goats are used as a way to make money and for special meals. God Bless you on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe. Great blog! I'm going to central Haiti in May. I've been to southwest Haiti several times. I've never seen a tarantula in Haiti, but I suspect I will see one on this trip! Do you have any tips on how I can not be afraid when I see a tarantula?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should introduce yourself and then run the other direction!

      Delete
  3. Zoe, that is EXACTLY what I will do. Thanks for opening your heart up to a country that needs your help. I love the work you are doing here.

    ReplyDelete