Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day Sixteen Question: What Food Do People in Haiti Eat?

We like to eat a lot of the food that people in Haiti eat.  We like to eat chicken and rice, beans, mangoes, and bananas.  One place I read also said that people in Haiti eat pineapples.  Mommy said that fried plantains are REALLY yummy!  I don't know what they are but they sound good?  Plantains kind of look like a banana.  Here is a picture I found of fried plantains:

They look so good!  I don't know why there are two pictures of plantains.  But they look double yummy!

Many people do not get to eat since they do not have money to buy food.  And if they have money they may not have enough money to buy food for their whole family.  It makes me sad to think that some people can't eat because they don't have money.  Many children don't get enough food to eat.

Some people raise animals like goats, chickens, cows, and pigs so they can eat them when they get big.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe,
    Your blog is awesome! Plantains are delicious. To me they taste like a cross between a french fry and a potato chip only they are sweet.

    ReplyDelete