Monday, March 3, 2014

Day Three Question: What Types of Transportation Are in Haiti?

My mommy and daddy are letting me use pictures they took when they were in Port au Prince, Haiti, in 2012 (daddy told me the year).

Here are some ways people travel in Haiti:

They walk.  Many people carry things on their heads like the man in this picture:


Some people ride motorcycles.  They call them "motos":



My favorite type of ride is on a tap tap.  People here use a yellow taxi but in Haiti they climb in the back of a truck.  Someone taps the roof to let the driver know that they are ready.  That is why it is called a tap tap.


Someday I want to drive a tap tap.  I will paint it hot pink, green, or rainbow.  

Good night!

6 comments:

  1. I think you would make an excellent tap tap driver some day. I vote for your tap tap to be hot pink and green. CB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment.
      Are you going to ride my tap tap?

      Zoe

      Delete
  2. Only if you pass your driver's test. CB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donkeys and horses are also used over roads. Some people need boats as they travel to islands just off shore. Missionaries also use small airplanes some to travel in country.

    ReplyDelete