Monday, March 10, 2014

Day Ten Question: What Types of Jobs Do People Have in Haiti?

I researched a lot of different jobs in Haiti.

My most favorite job is the tap tap driver since I want to drive a tap tap when I am big.  Most people who drive a tap tap own their own truck.  My new idea is to paint my tap tap with dinosaurs mixed with a hot pink and lime green rainbow.

I am also interested in the sugar cane farmers.  The workers cut down the sugar cane and donkeys carry it to where it needs to go.  Many workers make less than $2.50 a day.

Some farmers grow rice but there aren't as many as there used to be.

I didn't know how peanuts grow.  Children of the Promise and Second Mile Ministries use a special peanut based food called medika mamba for the babies.

There are also other jobs like teachers and government jobs that we have here.




2 comments:

  1. Many people love to chew on sugar cane. It takes some practice as you need to chew the fibers and then drink only the juice so you can spit out the fibers-an outside type of food! Folks think this is bad for your teeth but the fibers help to clean your teeth so it is likely better for you than hard candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! Thanks for sharing. We saw sugar cane at our local grocery store.

      Delete