Monday, March 17, 2014

Day Seventeen Question: What Are Schools Like in Haiti?

Some boys and girls do not get to go to school.  But, the girls who do go to school have to wear their hair in a certain way.  Boys and girls also have to wear ribbons in their hair and uniforms.  Oops.  I don't think that boys have to wear ribbons in their hair.  I don't think I would like to wear a uniform to school.  

Students have to pay to go to school.  That is why many kids don't get to go to school.  They also have to pay for their own supplies.  That is sad that kids can't go to school because they don't have the money to go.

Our church sponsors a school in Cap Haitien.  This is a picture of a student from that school.


This is what I look like with braids and ribbons in my hair.  I didn't enjoy sleeping with these braids in my hair!




Here is a picture of the room where my Daddy taught at the Emmaus Biblical Seminary:


Schools are a lot like they are here.  But they teach in French or Haitian Creole.  [Daddy's note: this is an interesting article if you would like to learn more: 

No comments:

Post a Comment